* Sells More Than 4.6 Lakh Motorcycles & Scooters In June 2021
Hero MotoCorp, the world’s largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters, has commenced the Financial Year (FY) 2021-22 with sales of over a million units during the first quarter (April-June).
During this quarter, the auto industry witnessed significant disruptions triggered by the second wave of the Coronavirus pandemic, restricting movement of logistics and dampening customer sentiments.
Despite the unprecedented challenges, Hero MotoCorp sold 10,24,507 units of motorcycles and scooters in the first quarter of the fiscal – reflecting the strong resilience of the Indian economy and the inherent market demand for personal mobility.
With the gradual easing of the COVID-19 related restrictions and lockdowns across key markets in the country, the company witnessed a strong rebound in the month of June to sell 469,160 units of motorcycles and scooters.
In compliance with the guidelines as prescribed by state and local authorities, almost all of the customer touchpoints of Hero MotoCorp are now operational, with strict safety measures and protocols in place.
Heading into the upcoming festive season, the company remains cautiously optimistic about the customer demand in the coming months. The expected surge in personal mobility, forecast of a normal monsoon in several parts of the country and the improving rural sentiment are expected to lead to a swift revival in sales.
Hero MotoCorp highly appreciates the positive interventions by the government to revive the economy and provide support to industries impacted by the second-wave of COVID-19.
Till date, 92% of the entire workforce of Hero MotoCorp has been vaccinated with the first dose.
June’ 21 June’20 YTD FY’22 YTD FY’21
Motorcycles 4,41,536 4,18,141 9,59,589 5,24,179
Scooters 27,624 33,842 64,918 40,486
Total 4,69,160 4,51,983 10,24,507 5,64,665
Domestic 4,38,514 4,30,889 9,40,707 5,39,737
Exports 30,646 21,094 83,800 24,928
April-June 2021 Highlights
Operations • The company initially extended the shutdown at its manufacturing facilities across India, its Global Parts Center (GPC) in Neemrana and its R&D facility – the Centre of Innovation and Technology (CIT) in Jaipur till May 16, 2021
• The company gradually resumed its operations from May 17’ by starting single shift production at three of its plants – Gurugram and Dharuhera in Haryana and at Haridwar in the northern hill state of Uttarakhand
• The company resumed production at all its manufacturing plants in India from May 24, 2021 onwards
• Hero MotoCorp proactively paused its operations temporarily during the second wave at all of its manufacturing facilities across the country, including its Global Parts Center (GPC), in view of the ongoing escalation in the spread of Covid-19 across the country
Global Business • The company strengthened its Global Business Operations
o Kewalram Chanrai Group becomes an exclusive distributor of Hero MotoCorp in Nigeria. Launched the ‘developed for Nigeria motorcycle’ Hunter
o MOVESA becomes an exclusive distributor partner of Hero MotoCorp in Honduras. Will offer comprehensive product portfolio in the country across the premium, commuter, on-off road motorcycle segments
o KIPESA becomes an exclusive distributor partner of Hero MotoCorp in Nicaragua
Partnerships • Hero MotoCorp announced a strategic partnership with Gogoro® Inc. to accelerate the shift to sustainable electric mobility in India
• The joint venture to bring Gogoro’s industry leading battery swapping platform to India and collaborate on electric vehicle development to bring Hero branded, powered by Gogoro Network vehicles to market
Customer Outreach Programs • Hero MotoCorp launched a new challenge under its Hero CoLabs platform - The eXPerience Challenge.
• Under this, the participants were required to showcase their vision for a NextGen sales and after-sales customer experience, catering to the new innovative and exciting products and mobility solutions from Hero MotoCorp
• Hero MotoCorp extended the duration of all its warranty and free services to ensure that customers are not required to visit dealerships in a rush to avail of the services
• This was also in keeping with its commitment to the safety and welfare of its people, its customers and to break the chain of the spread of Covid-19
Harley-Davidson • Hero MotoCorp along with Harley-Davidson announced the H-D 2021 Model Year Pricing
• Introduced the Pan America Adventure Tourer along with bookings open for the 2021 range
Digital Initiatives • Hero MotoCorp launched a comprehensive range of sales and aftersales services on the messaging app – WhatsApp. Customers can avail a host of services from an easy-to interact menu-based chat-bot that can be accessed 24*7 on the messaging platform
• The company launched Virtual Showroom feature to provide an Immersive Digital Buying Experience to customers. The feature will enable customers to discover, engage and purchase Hero’s motorcycles and scooters through a seamless digital experience
CSR Initiatives • Under its CSR platform “Hero We Care”, Hero MotoCorp extended its support to the Community Health Centre (CHC) at Satyavedu in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh, by providing 50 additional beds and medical equipment.
• Sri Koneti Adhimulam, Honorable MLA of Satyavedu inaugurated the new upgraded COVID Care Center facility
• Under “Hero We Care”, Hero MotoCorp partnered with the District Administration of Gurugram in Haryana to set-up a makeshift 100-bed Covid Care Centre in the city
• Hon’ble Chief Minister of Haryana, Shri Manohar Lal inaugurated the Covid Care Centre
• The Company signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Municipal Corporation of Gurugram (MCG) in Haryana for the ecological restoration and conservation of the Aravali Biodiversity Park
• Partnered with the Ramakrishna Mission Sevashrama, Kankhal (RMSK) at Haridwar in Uttarakhand for strengthening their healthcare system and response to Covid-19 with 122-bed Covid-hospital
• Hero MotoCorp provided its motorcycles and scooters for safe, personal commuting by health workers and medical staff in several states, including Delhi & NCR, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan and Gujarat
• Contributed oxygen cylinders for emergency medical use by some of the hospitals in Delhi and Haryana along with donating PPE kits to several states
People First • Initiated Covid-19 vaccination drive across the organization, including its permanent and contractual employees
• The Company also facilitated similar vaccination initiative across its group companies such as Hero FinCorp, Hero Future Energies, Rockman Industries, Hero Electronix and AG Industries
• In order to ensure the safety of people across its ecosystem, Hero MotoCorp also worked closely with its dealers and supply chain partners to facilitate similar vaccination for their employees
Hero MotoSports • Hero MotoSports Team Rally completed the Rally Kazakhstan with all three riders finishing the rally inside the top 10 positions
• Joaquim Rodrigues, won the final stage of the rally, Rodrigues finished the Rally in seventh place, Caimi in eighth and Buhler in ninth place in the overall rankings
• Hero MotoSports Team Rally completed their first rally of the new season on a strong note with two of its riders finishing in the Top 5 in overall standings. Joaquim Rodrigues and Franco Caimi, placed fourth and fifth respectively