* Both its Shirwal and Mohali manufacturing units are the first in India to receive the highest recognition of GreenCo Platinum Plus rating by CII for being ‘Lean & Green’
True to its core value of environment, Godrej Appliances, a business of Godrej & Boyce, the flagship company of the Godrej Group and one of India's leading players in home appliances, is the first brand in India to receive the prestigious “GreenCo Platinum Plus” certification by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). CII’s GreenCo Platinum Plus is designed to measure a company’s green performance and is the highest recognition for any company for its efforts towards efficient utilization of resources like energy, water and raw materials and in reducing the impact of its products on the environment through Life Cycle Assessment and Product Stewardship. This certification was awarded to both its manufacturing units - based in Shirwal (near Pune, Maharashtra) and Mohali (Punjab).
Both manufacturing units have taken the brand’s sustainability efforts to the next level, serving as a model for sustainability excellence. A logical extension for getting a GreenCo Platinum Plus rating after being the first to get the Platinum rating for the processes, these facilities are in true sense comprehensively ‘green’.
Some of the salient features that contributed towards making both these units platinum plus certified are:
· 13% reduction in manufacturing units’ energy consumption over the last 4 years,
· 50% - Renewable energy share in the manufacturing units
· Online monitoring of energy and water consumption to ensure efficient utilization of resources
· Both manufacturing units are Water Positive (recharging more than 100% water to the ground than drawn) through reuse of wastewater and rainwater harvesting systems
· “0 Waste to Landfill” is achieved for all hazardous waste through reduction and recycling
· Process Benchmarking is done across different industries, keeping in mind the best practices
· Treating suppliers as an extension of plant and handholding them through ‘Supplier Cluster” for the greening of the entire supply chain. All suppliers were mentored on how they can improve their environment friendliness quotient. 52 suppliers are GreenCo certified already
Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Kamal Nandi, Business Head & EVP, Godrej Appliances said, “We are delighted to have received this certification from a prestigious body like CII. This certification is a testimony of the efforts put in by Godrej Appliances to be eco-friendly in all our initiatives. For us, environment is a value that has been ingrained in our corporate DNA since our very inception. We believe that it is our duty as responsible manufacturers to pave the way for sustainable manufacturing in the industry. Both of our manufacturing facilities are a living example of this belief.”
About Godrej Appliances
Godrej Appliances, a business unit of the highly diversified Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd. is one of the leading Home Appliances players in India. Godrej was the first Indian Company in 1958 to manufacture Refrigerators and has since then, expanded its portfolio across many other categories like Washing Machines, Air Conditioners, Microwave Ovens, futuristic Thermo-electric cooling solutions, Air Coolers, Deep Freezers, highly specialized Medical Refrigerators and more recently, UVC Technology-Based Disinfecting devices and Dishwashers, all powered by the driving philosophy of 'Things made thoughtfully’/ ‘Soch Ke Banaya Hai’.
This thought extends from human-centric design to planet centric design. Environment is a core value at Godrej Appliances. Both manufacturing units of Godrej Appliances’ - in Maharashtra and Punjab, became the first in the country to win the coveted Platinum Plus Green Co certification for their pioneering green manufacturing practices.
The brand takes pride in not just its carefully designed products and environment-friendly technologies, but also best in class after-sales service delivered through over 680 service centers and more than 4500 SmartBuddy service experts spread all over the country.