* Safe, comfortable rides achieved supported with touchless operation and remote monitoring
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today that its subsidiary Mitsubishi Elevator India Private Limited (IMEC) has secured a major order to supply elevators to the Commerzone Madhapur and Altimus luxury complexes owned by K RAHEJA CORP, a leading developer in India. The order consists of 72 elevators including 37 high-speed models. The elevators incorporate Mitsubishi Electric’s Destination Oriented Allocation System (DOAS) to meet COVID-19 needs for touchless operation and provide safe, reliable vertical transportation that will be backed by service contracts for the company’s Global Maintenance Integrated System.
1) “Destination Oriented Allocation System” (DOAS) for elevator destination forecasting
- DOAS automatically registers the destination floor when a user places their ID card over a reader at the security gate or elevator lobby.
- Passengers going to the same floors are directed to the same elevator to minimize stops, shorten riding times and improve operational efficiency.
- Preset carriage capacity eliminates crowding and helps to prevent infection spread.
2) M’s BRIDGETM Global Maintenance Integrated System
- Potential problems are identified early and automatically through 24/7 monitoring.
- Elevator downtime is shortened by collecting and analyzing operational data, contributing to improved safety, peace of mind and convenience for customers.
Mitsubishi Electric’s Elevator Business in India
India is the world’s second largest market for new elevators and escalators, following China. Although demand decreased temporarily in fiscal 2021 due to COVID-19, stable growth is expected from fiscal 2022 onwards. Mitsubishi Electric commenced its elevator business in India through a local distributor in 1995 and then established IMEC in 2012. The company has continued to expand its business, including by initiating local production of elevators and establishing an integrated system for sales, manufacturing, installation and maintenance in 2016. Going forward, Mitsubishi Electric is committed to continually improving customer satisfaction by providing safe, reliable and comfortable products and services to customers in India.
General Operational Description of DOAS (Integrated with Building’s Security Gates)
When user’s employee ID, etc. card is authenticated at the security gate, their destination floor is read from the card and automatically registered. The number of the elevator assigned to the user appears instantly on the security gate’s LCD indicator as the user passes through.
Contributions to the Environment
Mitsubishi Electric elevators use gearless hoisting machines fitted with permanent magnet motors for reduced power consumption.
M’s BRIDGE is a trademark of Mitsubishi Electric Corporation.
About Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
With 100 years of experience in providing reliable, high-quality products, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) is a recognized world leader in the manufacture, marketing and sales of electrical and electronic equipment used in information processing and communications, space development and satellite communications, consumer electronics, industrial technology, energy, transportation and building equipment. Mitsubishi Electric enriches society with technology in the spirit of its “Changes for the Better.” The company recorded a revenue of 4,462.5 billion yen (U.S.$ 40.9 billion*) in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2020.