Hero MotoCorp, the world’s largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters, has set up a separate vertical to drive its new business of Harley-Davidson products and merchandise distribution in India.
Global automotive expert Ravi Avalur has been appointed as the Business Unit Head of the new vertical. Ravi will report to Dr. Pawan Munjal, Chairman & CEO, Hero MotoCorp.
Ravi has joined Hero MotoCorp from Engines and Engine Components manufacturer Cooper, where he was the Head of Strategy and International Business. Prior to Cooper, Ravi was the Managing Director at Ducati India.
The Team in the new Business Unit also includes four executives from Harley-Davidson’s erstwhile India operations, bringing in years of competencies in the areas of sales, marketing, customer experiences, service and logistics.
The Company has also commenced wholesale dispatches of Harley Davidson products to the dealers from January 18.
Meanwhile, Hero MotoCorp has on-boarded 11 existing Harley-Davidson dealers in key geographies across the country.
H-D DEALERS NAME CITY
* BENGAL SPEED AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD (Bengal Harley-Davidson) KOLKATA
* BAFNA MOTORCYCLES PVT LTD (Seven Islands Harley-Davidson) MUMBAI
* CONCEPT MOTORBIKE COMPANY PVT LTD (Nine Bridges Harley-Davidson) AHMEDABAD
* MOKSHA MOTORBIKE COMPANY PVT LTD, (Two Rivers Harley-Davidson) PUNE
* TUSKER MOTORCYCLES PVT LTD (Tusker Harley-Davidson) BENGALURU (LAVELLE ROAD)
* EAST COAST MOTORS (Marina Harley-Davidson) CHENNAI
* EXCELSIOR MOTORS PVT LTD (Spice Coast Harley-Davidson) KOCHI
* JYOTE AUTOMOTIVES PVT LTD (Konark Harley-Davidson) BHUBANESHWAR
* STERLING MOTORBIKES PVT LTD (Capital Harley-Davidson) DELHI (MATHURA ROAD)
* UTTAM SONS PVT LTD (Foothills Harley-Davidson) DEHRADUN
* SRIJAYALAKSHMI AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD (Banjara Harley-Davidson) HYDERABAD
Hero MotoCorp will also expand the service, parts and accessories business beyond the 11 cities currently covered by the newly appointed dealers, to a pan-India level through its extensive dealer network.
With customer-centricity and commitment to globally benchmarked sales and aftersales service as their focus, Hero MotoCorp and Harley-Davidson are committed together to providing a smooth and hassle-free ownership experience to the existing and future Harley Davidson customers in India.
Details of new model launches will be shared closer to launch dates.