* Seamless connections to and from 32 destinations across USA, Mexico, and Canada
Air India, India’s leading global airline, has entered an interline partnership with Alaska Airlines. The partnership, while strengthening Air India’s international network, will allow Air India guests to avail seamless connections from New York JFK, Newark-New Jersey, Washington DC, Chicago, San Francisco, and Vancouver gateways to and from 32 destinations in the USA, Mexico, and Canada on Alaska Airline’s network.
The scope of agreement includes bilateral interlining which allows both the airlines to sell tickets on each other’s network. In addition, the two airlines have also entered a Special Prorate Agreement, which allows Air India to file ‘through fares’ on routes covering Alaska Airlines’ network. Passengers will also be able to enjoy Air India’s free baggage allowance on Alaska Airlines routes.
Nipun Aggarwal, Chief Commercial & Transformation Officer, Air India, said, “The tie-up with Alaska Air will expand our international footprint in the US and Canada and even extend our reach to Mexico boosting our network expansion plans. It will help us offer more choice to our guests and mark a significant step forward in our mission to enhance connectivity.”
Passengers will be able to connect to the following points on Alaska Airlines network from Air India’s current gateways in North America:
* New York JFK: Portland, San Diego, Seattle.
* Newark-New Jersey: Los Angeles, Portland, San Diego, Seattle.
* Chicago: Portland, Seattle, Anchorage, Boise.
* Washington DC: Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle.
* San Francisco: 26 points in the USA and 6 in Mexico
* USA: Salt Lake City, Orange County, Tampa, Anchorage, Austin, Boise, Boston, Bozeman Yellowstone, Dallas Love Field, Reagan National, Fort Lauderdale, Spokane, Honolulu, Jackson Hole, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, Missoula Montana, Kahului, Seattle Paine Field, Portland, Phoenix, Palm Springs, Redmond, San Diego, Seattle.
* Mexico: Los Cabos, Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, Cancun, Loreto International, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta.
* Vancouver: Seattle
Air India currently operates 47 non-stop flights every week from Delhi, Bengaluru, and Mumbai to five American cities: New York, Newark, Washington DC, Chicago, and San Francisco, and 14 non-stop flights every week from Delhi to Toronto and Vancouver in Canada.
About Air India:
Founded by the legendary JRD Tata, Air India pioneered India’s aviation sector. Since its first flight on October 15, 1932, Air India has built an extensive domestic network with non-stop flights to cities around the world, across the USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Far-East, South-East Asia, Australia, and the Gulf. After 69 years as a government-owned enterprise, Air India and Air India Express were welcomed back into the Tata group in January 2022.
Air India is navigating through a major five-year transformation roadmap under the aegis of Vihaan.AI, with an ambition to become a world class airline with an Indian heart. The first phase of this transformation, the taxi phase was recently concluded, and focused on fixing the basics. These included bringing back to service many long grounded aircraft, addition of talent across flying and ground functions, rapid upgradation of technology and strengthening of customer care initiatives amongst others.
A member of Star Alliance, the largest global airline consortium of leading international airlines, Air India offers seamless connectivity and facilities to passengers all over the world.