Keeping up its relentless efforts towards supporting COVID-19 relief measures, Hero MotoCorp, the world’s largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters, today announced an iconic global ride ‘Ride for Real Heroes’ to honour the frontline healthcare warriors across the world.
The riders participating in ‘Ride for Real Heroes’ will distribute Covid-19 safety kits to the healthcare workers including doctors and medical personnel in 100 cities and towns across the world. The Covid-19 kit consists of essential health and hygiene supplies such as N95 masks, personal protective kits, sanitisers, gloves, IR thermometers.
Scheduled to be flagged off on October 2, 2021, ‘Ride for Real Heroes’ is being organised across 100 cities in India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Guatemala, Colombia, Bolivia, Nigeria, Uganda, Kenya, South Africa, Turkey and UAE among others, where the participants will ride for 100 kilometres in each city.
To be a part of this iconic event Ride for Real Heroes, customers of Glamour, XPulse 200, and Xtreme can register on https://rideforrealheroes.com/. The last date to register is September 29, 2021.
Commenting on the occasion, Naveen Chauhan, Head – Sales and Aftersales, Hero MotoCorp said, “As a responsible corporate citizen, Hero MotoCorp remains committed to contributing to the betterment and well-being of society. To honour the frontline healthcare workers across the world, we are delighted to announce one iconic ride – ‘Ride for Real Heroes’. The riders participating in the ride will be distributing Covid-19 safety kits across 100 cities is in keeping with our ongoing efforts to support the medical infrastructure in the country. For this noble cause, we encourage more participants from more cities to come forward and be a part of our 100Kms, 100 Cities, 100 Rides initiative.”
Ride for Real Heroes is to mark the historic milestone of Hero MotoCorp surpassing 100 million units in cumulative production – one of the fastest global achievements by an automotive company on January 21, 2021.
For more information, visit website www.rideforrealheroes.com
HERO MOTOCORP’S COVID-19 RELIEF EFFORTS –
· Hero MotoCorp distributed over 2.3 million nutritious meals to the needy daily wage workers, homeless families and communities.
· More than 34,000 ration kits 37,201 litres of sanitizers, 4.4 million facemasks, and more than 44,000 PPE kits have also been distributed across the country in an effort to help and support the communities during this time of need.
· To ensure that urgent medical assistance is provided in rural and remote areas, 60 specially designed First Responder Vehicles (FRV) built on the Hero Xtreme-200R motorcycle were delivered to the government organizations and health authorities cross the country.
· In a focused effort towards strengthening the medical infrastructure in India, Hero MotoCorp has been supporting more than 1900 Covid-beds in several hospitals across the country.
· Hero MotoCorp has initiated a Covid-19 vaccination drives in various districts, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the communities including specially-abled people.
· Provided its motorcycles and scooters for safe, personal commuting by health workers and medical staff.