ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited, today announced the introduction of a revolutionary ‘Switch On - Switch Off’ benefit in a new plan. The power to ‘Switch Off’ benefit comes with Advantage and Protect variants of ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime plan that allows policyholders to switch off their health insurance from 2nd year onwards, for up to 30 days while travelling abroad and get discount on renewal premium.
Speaking about the Switch Off benefit, Mr. Prasun Sikdar, Managing Director and CEO, ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited said, “With medical costs increasing, customers are demanding more value out of their health insurance plans. Therefore, as a trusted expert in health insurance, we at ManipalCigna, are committed to bring affordable, predictable and simple health insurance plans to market that can transform the way our customers receive healthcare experience. Thus by putting innovation at the core and keeping our principles in mind, we have now introduced the revolutionary Switch Off benefit option under our ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime plan, in order to help people save the premium amount for maximum period of one month at a stretch in a policy year. The Switch Off benefit is great for people who travel abroad very often, as it could save them money on the premium by opting for this revolutionary benefit.”
For instance, let’s say that the policyholder wants to travel abroad, where the insurance is not applicable. In such a scenario, the person shouldn’t be required to pay the premium because they are not being covered. And now they don't have to with ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime. They can simply switch off their cover and save money on the next premium.
* The Switch Off facility shall be available if all the insureds are travelling outside the country in case of Floater policy OR any one or more members travelling outside India in case of Multi-individual policy
* The premium discount shall be calculated on the prorate basis and shall be adjusted in the renewal premium falling on the immediate policy anniversary
* This facility cannot be availed in the last 90 days of the policy year
* Process to avail: The insured will have to intimate the switch off date and switch on date and almost no documentation or can provide document at the time of intimating the same (WhatsApp/email based)
* The discount will be calculated by the system automatically and without any hassle
Today, people are always looking for something better. That's why ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime plan provides many other customised features to meet people’s specific healthcare requirements.
* It covers Non-Medical Expense and provides 100% of the claim amount without any deductions towards the non-medical items.
* It gives Cashless OPD cover for up to ? 50000 per policy year
* It gives Unlimited Restoration even for related illnesses so there is no shortage of sum insured for any type of claim
* It gives Guaranteed Cumulative Bonus of 25% each year up to max 200% of the Base Sum Insured
* It gives Premium Waiver of one year on renewal policy premium due to Accidental Death or if diagnosed with any of the listed Critical Illnesses.
* It extends the cover to include Infertility Treatment
It gives Air Ambulance additional cover equal to Sum Insured with an upper capping of ?10 and many more.
About ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Manipal Group, an eminent player in the field of healthcare delivery and higher education in India, Cigna Corporation, a global health services company with over 200 years of experience. ManipalCigna is headquartered out of Mumbai and has 76 branch offices covering major metros and towns. The company has built a strong multi-distribution network of over 48,000 agents and 500+ distribution partners across the country. ManipalCigna also has tie-ups with 13 leading Banks for distributing health insurance solutions and has a network of over 7500 hospitals across cities including tier I, tier II and tier III towns in India. To learn more, visit www.manipalcigna.com