* Platform delivers new AI-powered data preparation and management capabilities, deeper augmented analytics, improved data visualization and analysis to create actionable, industry-leading business insights
Zoho Corporation, a leading global technology company, today announced its new Business Intelligence (BI) Platform — an AI-driven data analytics solution empowering businesses to surface precise and actionable insights through self-service data preparation and augmented analytics. Zoho also launched Zoho DataPrep, an augmented self-service data preparation and pipeline service.
Zoho's end-to-end self-service BI Platform, which combines newly-launched Zoho DataPrep with an enhanced version of Zoho Analytics, enables organizations to cleanse, unify, and analyze cross-departmental data, obtain an encyclopedic view of the company, and ultimately move toward a more competitive business strategy based on real-time insights.
"For data to be a true catalyst of business growth, there can't be any gaps in the collection, management, or analysis process," said Sridhar Vembu, CEO and Co-founder, Zoho Corp. "Too few BI platforms in the market excel in both data preparation and analytics, which leaves businesses with weak—or worse, flawed—insights. Zoho's BI Platform is industry-leading because it ensures organizations are acting on legitimate data, which can be effectively leveraged to determine new revenue streams, refocus funds, drive productivity, and overall gain a competitive edge among peers in their market."
Zoho's BI Platform brings together pre-built, visual dashboards, comprehensive data integrations, data preparation, augmented and embedded BI, security and privacy capabilities, flexible deployment models (cloud or on-premise), and scalability. Below are four standout pillars of this platform, which allow businesses to perform better and remain competitive in their industries:
1) Augmented Data Prep and Management - Zoho DataPrep, a new application, is an AI and machine learning-driven self-service data preparation tool. The addition of Zoho DataPrep to the BI Platform allows business users to easily create and manage data pipelines that enable them to integrate, model, cleanse, transform, enrich, and catalogue data before making it ready for analysis.
2) Data Stories - Zoho's BI Platform now offers an integrated enterprise portal builder (Zoho Sites) and presentation software (Zoho Show). Embedding live reports and dashboards into a website or presentation allows administrators to wrap additional context around data and foster more immersive discussion on business matters. Data Stories reduces friction within an organization, so that businesses can be data-driven without needing to learn new tools.
3) Augmented Analytics - Ask Zia, Zoho's conversational AI, enables business users--with or without technical know-how--to surface data through natural language querying. Additionally, the all-new Zia Insights provides textual narration of key insights from reports and dashboards that significantly reduces the time and effort required to explore data and glean insights. Zia Insights also includes what-if capability, enabling scenario analysis for effective decision-making.
4) Marketplace - Through Zoho Marketplace, an apps marketplace, Zoho is enabling partners to develop and publish analytical apps and integrations to complement Zoho Analytics users, thereby strengthening the BI and Analytics platform. Another dimension is the launch of deep native analytical apps, with domain-specific advanced analytics, in third-party marketplaces such as Shopify, ServiceNow and Atlassian.
The new Zoho BI Platform is built for scale and is extensible to more than 250 data sources—including Zendesk, HubSpot, Microsoft, Mailchimp, Stripe and Google—allowing businesses to integrate and analyze data sourced from diverse third-party systems. Blending with outside data sources has always been one of the key strengths of Zoho Analytics, and a value demonstrated by the fact that 60% of the existing users have chosen it as their BI tool while solely running on non-Zoho applications and data sources.
The BI platform gives users on-demand insight into operational data to inform critical business decisions with the support of Zia, Zoho's AI tool. Zia augments data preparation and visualization by using natural language querying and generation, text narration of key insights from reports and dashboards, and cognitive and advanced analytics. These self-service and real-time capabilities make it possible to capture actionable data insights to boost operational efficiency and productivity.
With more than 50,000 organizations already using it, Zoho Analytics has consistently been one of the company's fastest growing products. Within the last two years, Zoho Analytics has grown by 30% YoY with a 40%YoY increase in the enterprise segment. The application has seen a 10% jump in customers switching from competitive platforms. Also, 50% of the customers have chosen Zoho Analytics after evaluating multiple competitive BI products. With this new BI Platform, Zoho expects above 45% YOY revenue growth.
Spykar, the popular apparel brand, is a Zoho Analytics user. "Cost and usability were key factors for us in selecting Zoho Analytics over Power BIand QlikView. Zoho Analytics gives us precise insight on which stores had the highest sales, and which styles are preferred by our customers by city and by state. We now have a good visibility on the exact stock levels in each of the leading multi-branded stores across India on any typical day. This was not possible before. Now, we are able to track the sales and stock levels in over 900 stores across India at any given time, which means we can send stock accordingly or give better discounts to the stores making the highest sales. With the new 5.0 release of Zoho Analytics, the platform is complete with Zoho DataPrep and advanced augmented capabilities, including Zia conversations and Zia Insight. I'm sure Zoho DataPrep will further reduce our time spent in preparing our data and I can get my sales update through Zia anytime, anywhere," said Rupendra Nigam, Vice President of IT, Spykar India.
“Self-service data preparation, computer-augmented analysis and in-context story telling are three important, emerging capabilities that set industry-leading BI and analytics platforms apart. The ability to build and share analytic apps is yet another differentiator, so I’m particularly excited to see Zoho enabling customers to publish breakthrough, data-driven applications,” said Doug Henschen, Principal Analyst at Constellation Research
Pricing and Availability
Zoho BI Platform, which includes Zoho Analytics and Zoho DataPrep, is available immediately in two versions, cloud and on-premise. For monthly option, the cloud version is ₹250 per user, per month. The on-premise version is ₹1,800 per user, per month. For annual option, the cloud version is ₹3,000 per user, per year. The on-premise version is ₹21,600 per user, per year.
Zoho DataPrep is also available as a standalone. The standard plan starts at ₹2,400 per month for 2 million rows including 3 users while the enterprise plan is highly customizable and the pricing is based on the customization.