* Ensures financial security for families of the deceased employees and invests in their children’s future
* Care extends beyond COVID-related reasons for demise
Ecom Express, a leading technology enabled end-to-end logistics solutions provider to the e-commerce industry, today announced its Ecom Cares program under which an array of financial and non-financial assistance schemes have been rolled out for the family of employees in case of their untimely demise, owing to COVID or any other reason.
Announcing the program, T. A. Krishnan, Co-founder and CEO, Ecom Express, says, ‘As a people-centric organization, our endeavour has been to provide constant support to all our employees and their families through various measures and initiatives in these challenging times. Losing a family member is a great setback and no family is immune to the impact of such an event. Ecom Cares is our commitment to the affected families that in case of an unfortunate event of the demise of an employee, we will do our best to help them get back on their feet. Our aim is not just to provide the much-needed relief to our employees and their families in the current pandemic situation, which we pray gets over soon, but to continue delivering care and strength through our evolving measures even in the years to come.’’
Ecom Cares would entail the following benefits:
1. Financial Assistance: The beneficiary will receive the monthly salary of the deceased employee for a period of 2 years. This benefit will be provided over and above the existing Death Benevolent Fund (DBF) scheme of the Company which provides a one-time lumpsum amount to the family of the deceased.
2. Compassionate Employment: In case of death or permanent total disability of an employee, Ecom Express would provide employment to one dependent family member such as spouse, child or a sibling, nominated by the employee. The employment will be provided basis qualification and skill of the beneficiary. The company, however, will also provide focused training for capability development into the role that the beneficiary receives.
3. Education for children: Under this policy, Ecom Express will cover the expenses towards education of two children of the deceased, upto class 12th. In case the children are not of school going age, they can be enrolled for this benefit once they reach that age. The policies of this program are meant for all employees retrospectively starting 1st April 2021.
Ecom Express has also rolled out various COVID relief measures to help employees battle the challenges posed in recent times by the second wave of coronavirus. These include:
Procurement of oxygen concentrators for employees and their families.
Creating in-house developed web portal for employees to find relevant leads to critical COVID related resources, such as oxygen cylinders, ICU beds, hospital list, vaccination alerts, and so on.
Free vaccination for all employees.
Facilitation of RT-PCR and other COVID related tests.
Tie-ups with service providers for virtual medical consultations, discounts on online medicine and lab-testing, etc.
Free transportation of essential items for employees and their families using Ecom Express network.
A dedicated helpline service for employees to seek any information related to COVID Care initiatives provided by the Company.
Besides ensuring the safety and security of its employees and their families, Ecom Express is working round the clock to ensure that all the assistance and support is provided to them on priority.
About Ecom Express:
Ecom Express Private Limited is a leading end-to-end technology enabled logistics solutions provider to the Indian e-commerce industry. Headquartered in Gurugram, Ecom Express was incorporated in 2012 by T.A. Krishnan, Manju Dhawan, K. Satyanarayana and late. Sanjeev Saxena with their 100+ years of cumulative experience in the Indian logistics and distribution industry. Ecom Express has its presence in all 29 states of the country and operates in over 2650 towns across 27,000+ PIN-codes in India. The company is the first private logistics company in India to envision a full-state coverage strategy, offered in 20 states including Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal. Through this deep reach strategy, the company has a capability to deliver to over 1.2 billion people, i.e., 92%+ of India’s population.