* Hero MotoCorp Ltd, the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer, sold 505,467 units of motorcycles and scooters in February 2021.
* The company had dispatched 498,242 units of two-wheelers during the corresponding month of the previous year (February 2020).
The growth in sales – despite the ongoing challenges on account of supply chain issues that the industry is facing – has been possible due to the state of preparedness and quick countermeasures taken by the company.
Hero MotoCorp recently announced its highest-ever revenue for any single quarter. The Company reported revenue of Rs. 9,776 Crore for the third quarter (October-December 2020) of FY’21 (vs Rs. 6,997 Cr. in Q3 FY’20). The company also declared interim dividend of Rs. 65 per share amounting to 3250% and announced a special interim dividend of Rs 100 Crore @ Rs. 5 per equity share.
Hero MotoCorp remains optimistic about growth in the coming months, as a credible recovery in the Indian economy and a positive momentum towards personal mobility is likely to further strengthen the demand for two-wheelers.
With the vaccination drive also gaining pace across the country, the company expects a swift recovery for businesses and the economy in the coming months.
* Hero MotoCorp, has set up a separate vertical to drive its new business of Harley-Davidson products and merchandise distribution in India
* Global automotive expert Ravi Avalur has been appointed as the Business Unit Head of the new vertical. Ravi will report to Dr. Pawan Munjal, Chairman & CEO, Hero MotoCorp
* The Company has also commenced wholesale dispatches of Harley Davidson products to the dealers from January 18
* Hero MotoCorp has on-boarded 11 existing Harley-Davidson dealers in key geographies across the country
* XPulse 200 – the adventure motorcycle from Hero MotoCorp, crossed the landmark 10,000 sales mark in Kerala, thus strongly establishing the company’s modern premium brand appeal.