* JLR India H1 retail sales doubled with a YoY growth of 105%
* Achieved highest ever Q2 retail sales of 1,308 units with a YoY growth of 108%
* Order book remains strong with a growth of 90% in H1 vs the same period last year
* Recently launched 24MY Range Rover Velar has received a great response with over 750 orders
* Defender achieves sales of 1,000 units in H1 with YoY growth of over 250%
JLR India today reported its best ever H1 performance with record sales of 2,356 units and a YoY growth of 105% during the April – September 2023 period. The strong half yearly growth was driven by record sales in both quarters, with Q2 witnessing a 108% YoY growth and retails of 1,308 units. JLR India had previously reported a 102% sales growth in Q1, compared to the same period last year.
The order book in FY24 has seen consistent growth, with H1 closing order book higher by 90% compared to the same period last year. Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Defender continue to witness strong demand contributing to 72% of the total order book. The current total order book covers for more than eight months of sales.
Mr. Rajan Amba, Managing Director, JLR India, said, “We are pleased with our strong performance in H1 and Q2 FY24. The consistent growth in our order book exemplifies the growing strength of our brand and products in the hearts of Indian consumers. We will continue to introduce new products that are best suited to meet the discerning needs of our customers and invest in strengthening our brand desire and client experience.”
The successful launch of 24MY Range Rover Velar along with growing demand for Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Defender underpins the strong sales performance in H1. Defender was the best-selling model with sales of 1,000 units in H1.
JLR certified pre-owned business grew by 83% in H1 FY24.