- Through this program, Xiaomi India is training 300 of the brightest minds in business verticals like After Sales, Sales, Marketing, Supply chain management, and many more
- Mission 300 is the 4th flagship training program by Xiaomi India
Xiaomi India, the country’s No.1 smartphone and smart TV brand, today announced the launch of 'Mission 300', a new training program with the vision of mentoring the young and bright minds of India. Staying true to its people-first approach, 'Mission 300' is the brand's flagship program under which, over 300 students from 100 business schools across India are being trained in business verticals like after sales, marketing, supply chain, category, HR, finance among others.
As part of the initiative, Xiaomi India plans to identify suitable roles for the new joiners wherein they will be placed across different functions based on their skill sets and the business requirements of the respective departments. The select candidates will go through a one-month-long training program and will get an opportunity to engage with the senior leadership. They will give these new joiners a glimpse of the respective departments and their functioning.
Commenting on the new initiative, Varun Madan, Senior Director HR, Xiaomi India said, “At Xiaomi India, we have always focused on investing in homegrown talent and giving an opportunity to the bright and young minds of the country. Through the 'Mission 300' initiative we wanted to scout talent from the remotest parts of the country and create the leaders of tomorrow through rigorous training and development program. As a brand that believes in innovating constantly, we are confident that these young minds will bring a new outlook towards problem solving as they embark on their professional journey. We are excited to welcome this batch of new joiners into the Xiaomi India family."
For 'Mission 300' the brand followed a stringent selection process which was divided into 6 stages:
1. College Identification: A list of suitable colleges was created based on the NAAC, NIRF, and Times Ranking
2. College Collaboration: Basis the finalized list of the selected colleges, Xiaomi shared detailed information with the colleges and placement chairs about the job requirements, roles and responsibilities, compensation, and additional benefits offered
3. Online Assessment Set up: While the selection process was ongoing, the brand partnered with an external vendor to conduct online assessments for all the 6000 applicants who showed interest in the opportunity
4. Qualification Scores: Post the first 3 phases/ stages, the brand followed an intricate scoring process that included 3 core focus areas- Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Verbal Comprehension
5. Personal Interviews: The top 800 candidates with the highest scores went through Personal Interviews with 122 unique panelists
6. Shortlisting & Offer Roll out- Taking an accumulation of the feedback post the interviews, the brand rolled out offers to over 300 selected candidates
Xiaomi India has successfully introduced multiple flagship training programs for students and employees from across the country since 2019 including Mi Launch Pad, Ode2Code, and Mi Summit. The Management Training Program, also known as Mi Launch Pad is aimed at empowering students from MBA institutes. Through Mi Summit, Xiaomi India on-boards an average of 30 MBA students annually via campus placements from the top 30 colleges in the country. Spanned out over a year, students get 12 learning interventions over three job rotations in business divisions like Offline/ Aftersales/ Retail/ Distribution; Business - online/ marketing/ category; Enabling - Finance/ HR/ SCM/ Logistics. Receiving a successful response, Xiaomi India will be initiating the fourth edition of the Mi Summit between August - September 2022.
About Xiaomi Corporation
Xiaomi Corporation (“Xiaomi”) was founded in April 2010 and listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on July 9, 2018 (1810.HK). Xiaomi is a consumer electronics and smart manufacturing company with smartphones and smart hardware connected by an IoT platform at its core. Embracing our vision of “Make friends with users and be the coolest company in the users’ hearts,” Xiaomi continuously pursues technological innovations, compelling user experience, and operational efficiency. The company relentlessly builds amazing products with honest prices to let everyone in the world enjoy a better life through innovative technology. Xiaomi is one of the world's leading smartphone companies. The company’s market share in terms of smartphone shipments ranked no. 3 globally in the first quarter of 2022. The company has also established the world’s leading consumer AIoT (AI+IoT) platform, more than 478 million smart devices connected to its platform (excluding smartphones, tablets, and laptops) as of March 31, 2022. Xiaomi products are available in more than 100 countries and regions around the world. In August 2021, the company made the Fortune Global 500 list for the third time, ranking 338th, up 84 places compared to 2020.
Xiaomi India is the number 1 smartphone player since Q3 2017 IDC Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker report.
Xiaomi India is the number 1 Smart TV brand since Q2 2018 IDC Worldwide Quarterly Tracker.