* Cancer Care platinum offers to cover up to INR 10 lakhs sum insured for treatment of cancer-related and non-cancer-related ailments, and an optional lump sum benefit of up to 5 Lakhs for cancer recurrence.
* Cardiac Care Platinum offers sum insured of up to INR 15 lakh for treatment of cardiac and non-cardiac ailments, and up to 200% of sum insured for Heart Transplant.
Star Health and Allied Insurance, announced the launch of two new variants of their speciality products – Star Cancer Care Platinum Insurance Policy and Star Cardiac Care Platinum Insurance Policy. These products are designed to address the needs of people who are diagnosed with cancer and cardiac conditions.
There are no premedical tests required to avail of these policies. However, the insured should submit the previous medical records of treatment undergone at the time of purchasing the policy. Policies are renewable lifelong and premiums can be paid quarterly, half-yearly and annually as well.
Cancer Care Platinum: A proposition of Health Insurance for Individuals diagnosed and surviving with cancer. Covers persons aged between 5 months and 65 years with a sum insured up to INR 10 lakhs.
Covers expenses incurred due to hospitalization for cancer and non-cancer-related ailments with applicable waiting periods. (Nil waiting period for accidents, 30 days for non-cancer treatment, 12 months for hospice care, 30 months for treatment of cancer and pre-existing diseases).
Lump-sum cover for cancer: 50% of sum insured as optional benefit if the insured person suffers a recurrence, metastasis, and/or a second malignancy unrelated to the first cancer after a waiting period of 30 months.
Cardiac Care-Platinum: A proposition of Health Insurance for individuals diagnosed with cardiac ailments. Cardiac Care - Platinum covers persons aged between 7 years and 70 years with a sum insured of up to INR 15 lakhs
Covers expense incurred due to hospitalization for cardiac and non cardiac conditions after 30 days of policy inception. (Nil waiting period for accidents, 24 months for named aliments and heart transplant and 48 months for other pre-existing diseases).
Dr S Prakash, Managing Director, Star Health and Allied Insurance said, “STAR HEALTH INSURANCE is providing this Insurance Cover for people diagnosed with heart disease and cancer. As a doctor, I see most of the time people in India seeking health insurance cover after a major diagnosis like cancer / heart disease. Often they are not able to get cover for existing heart disease and cancer. Striving to change this and to include these deserving people as well under insurance cover, Star Health Insurance has introduced these products. These new policies are an endeavour to address a genuine and important need of our fellow citizens."
Key Features of Star Cancer Care Platinum Insurance Policy:
· Sum insured available up to Rs. 10,00,000/- Customer can opt for sum insured of
Rs 5,00,000/-, Rs. 7,50,000/- or Rs. 10,00,000/-
· Available for persons aged from 5 months to 65 years, diagnosed with Cancer.
· Covers the - In-patient hospitalization, Day Care treatment, Road Ambulance, Pre & Post hospitalization expenses.
· Lump-sum Cover for Cancer – if the insured person suffers a recurrence, metastasis, and/ or second malignancy unrelated to the first cancer, then the company will pay a lump sum amount. This benefit is in addition to the Indemnity sum insured.
· A waiting period of 30 months is applicable for the treatments related to Cancer and for the Lump-sum benefit cover.
· Hospice Care:: “Hospice care in Oncology is a care that focuses on the quality of life of patients (as well as their caregivers) who are experiencing advanced, life-limiting cancers
Payable up to 20% of sum insured at network providers on the indemnity basis, payable once in a lifetime. Available after a waiting period of 12 months from the policy inception
· Additional benefits – Hospice care, E-Second medical opinion, Wellness services - Diet & Nutrition Programme, Weight management program, Specialist Consultation - Through Telehealth app.
· Renewal benefits:
- The insured will get a Cumulative bonus of 5% of the basic sum insured for each claim-free year up to a maximum of 50% of the basic sum insured.
- Health Check-up - Insured can avail health check-ups after each claim-free year.
· Premium: For a person aged 36 yrs for Rs. 10,00,000/- sum Insured, premium (excluding GST) is Rs. 23,605/-
Key Features of Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy – Platinum:
· Sum insured is available up to Rs.15,00,000/- ; Customer can opt for sum insured of Rs.5,00,000, Rs. 7,50,000/-, Rs. 10,00,000/- or Rs.15,00,000/-
· Available for persons from 7 years to 70 years who have been diagnosed with Cardiac disorders.
· Waiting period for Cardiac disorders: 30 days.
· Covers the - In-patient hospitalization, Day Care treatment, Road Ambulance, Pre & Post hospitalization expenses
· Expenses for Heart Transplantation are covered up to 200% of the Sum Insured ( after 24 months waiting period)
· Expenses related to Cardiac devices are covered up to 50% of the Sum Insured.
· Additional benefits: E-Second medical opinion, Tele-health services, Wellness Services - Nutrition & Diet Consultation, Counselling (For Stress Management).
· Covers the Outpatient medical expenses from day one.
· Automatic Restoration of Basic Sum Insured once by 100% upon exhaustion of the sum insured and no claim bonus during the policy period
· Discount on Renewal Premium - Insured can avail 10% discount on the renewal premium, if he/she submits ECHO, Lipid Profile and HbA1c reports and are normal.
· Renewal Benefits -
- Health Check-up benefit on completion of each policy year
- Cumulative bonus of 10% of basic sum insured for each claim-free year up to a maximum of 100% of the basic sum insured.
· Premium: For a person aged 50 yrs for Rs. 10,00,000/- sum Insured, premium (excluding GST) is Rs.31,035/-
About Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd
Star Health and Allied Insurance Company Limited commenced its operations in 2006 as India’s first Standalone Health Insurance Company (Source: CRISIL Research) dealing in retail health, group health, personal accident and overseas travel insurance. We use our resources to focus on service excellence and product innovation to deliver the best to our customers. We have been providing health insurance products to individuals, families, and corporates directly and through various channels including agents, brokers, corporate agent bank and online channels like interactive applications, web aggregators, etc.
In Fiscal 2021, we had total GWP of ₹93,489.50 million. As of March 31, 2021 our distribution network had grown to 737 health insurance branches spread across 26 states and 4 union territories in India. Our existing branches are also supplemented by an extensive network of over 750 Sales Managers Stations (“SMS”), which are small individual service centres, and over 7,000 in-house sales managers, as of March 31, 2021.