Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd, part of the USD 19.4 billion Mahindra Group, today announced the launch of its new electric three-wheeler Mahindra Treo in Karnataka at ₹ 2.7 lakh post FAME subsidies (Ex-showroom).
The new Mahindra Treo electric auto is now completely designed and developed in India and offers best-in-class performance with higher speed of 55 kmph, better acceleration from 0-20 kmph in just 2.3 seconds and best-in-class gradeability of 12.7 degree. The new Mahindra Treo can save an owner up to ₹ 45,000/year*. The Treo is available with a low down payment scheme of just ₹ 50,000 from Mahindra Finance and low interest rate scheme of only 10.8% from State Bank of India. Mahindra Treo comes with attractive exchange bonus of ₹5,000.
Speaking at the launch, Mahesh Babu, MD & CEO, Mahindra Electric said, “The people of Karnataka have demonstrated quick acceptance of EV technology, which has helped the Treo to become a market leader in its segment. Overall, Mahindra have over 5000 happy Treo customers in 400+ districts and has already covered a distance of 35 million km on the Indian roads. The new Mahindra Treo will further boost our customers’ savings and will be a great fit for the state’s first and last mile mobility needs. We believe that the Indian EV growth will be dominated by electric 3-wheelers as it is economically, environmentally and socially sustainable.”
Higher Savings of up to ₹ 45,000*:
· The running cost of Mahindra Treo is only 50 paise/km which can save up to ₹ 45,000 per year on fuel costs.
· The lithium-ion battery requires zero-maintenance and offers 1,50,000+ Km of hassle free running.
· The new improved AC induction motor now has a highest power of 8 kW and a highest/excellent torque of 42 Nm.
· The top-speed of Mahindra Treo has improved significantly to 55 kmph with an increased gradeability of 12.7 degree.
· LITHIUM-ION TECHNOLOGY: The new Mahindra Treo is powered by advanced lithium-ion technology and can travel for up to 130 km (declared driving range) on a single charge.
· AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION: It comes with automatic transmission, and is gearless, clutch-less and vibration-free making the drive very comfortable and fatigue-free
· EASE OF CHARGING: Mahindra Treo can be charged anywhere as it comes with a portable charger and can be fully charged using a 15 A socket
· RELIABLE IP 67 RATED MOTOR gives enhanced protection from dust and water entry
· RUST FREE BODY PANELS: Modular rust-free Sheet Moulding Compound (SMC) panels for easy cleaning
Superior Space & Comfort:
· BEST-IN-SEGMENT WHEELBASE: With the longest wheelbase of 2073 mm the Mahindra Treo offers segment best comfort with more leg room and easy entry and exit for all age groups.
· ENHANCED SAFETY: Mahindra Treo offers side doors making the ride much safer.
Excellent Warranty & Aftersales
· STANDARD WARRANTY: Mahindra Treo comes with a standard warranty of 3 years/80,000 km along with the option of extended warranty of 2 years/1 lakh Km.
· EASE OF SERVICE: Wide service network of 140+ dealerships across India
About Mahindra Electric
Mahindra Electric, a part of the USD 19.4 billion Mahindra Group is a global pioneer in the development and production of electric vehicles. Mahindra Electric is India’s only EV manufacturer with indigenously developed EV technologies that have won global accolades. Over the years, Mahindra Electric has developed one of the most diversified portfolio of electric vehicles with the e2oPlus hatch, the Treo range of three-wheelers, the electrified eVerito sedan & the electrified eSupro mini-van for the passenger and the commercial segment. Venturing into the paradigm of alternative technology has helped Mahindra Electric enable a clean, green & a smarter tomorrow for India.