* Emirates is continuing to work closely with embassies and consulates to facilitate repatriation flights for visitors and residents wishing to return home
* Emirates’ cabin crew, boarding agents and ground staff who interact directly with travellers are donning personal protective equipment (PPE) including a protective disposable gown and safety visor.
Emirates introduces industry-leading safety standards for customers
* All passengers are given complimentary hygiene kits upon check in at Dubai International airport and on flights to Dubai from 21 May. Kits comprise of masks, gloves, antibacterial wipes and hand sanitiser.
* Thermal scanners and physical distancing indicators have been placed on the ground for added safety
* All cabin crew on board are fully kitted out in PPEs.
Emirates Group announces its 2019-20 results
* The Emirates Group recorded its 32nd consecutive year of profit of AED 1.7 billion (US$ 456 million)
* Emirates airline reported a profit of AED 1.1 billion (US$ 288 million), 21% up from the previous year
* Emirates SkyCargo continued to deliver a solid performance in a highly competitive market, contributing to 13% of the airline’s total transport revenue.
Emirates Airline Foundation impacts lives in India
* Emirates Airline Foundation supports children affected by AIDS, underprivileged girls and vulnerable groups, benefitting over 6,000 children in India.
* Customer and corporate support positively impact 90,000 people’s lives, support 22 projects in 12 countries, and more than 50 medical, engineering and educational missions across the globe.
Emirates SkyCargo expands its global network
* Expanded its weekly scheduled cargo flight operations to cover 75 destinations across six continents.
* Upped the frequency of flights to several key destinations such as Bengaluru and Chennai.
* Operated over 2,500 flights in April. Currently, Emirates SkyCargo is operating more than 100 flights a day from its hub in Dubai.
Chef Saransh Goila #CookOutwithEmirates
* Emirates hosted a recipe competition in India with renowned Chef and author Saransh Goila, encouraging people to stay positive during the lockdown through a shared love for food.
* Helping foodies taste the world and experience cultures while staying at their homes, Emirates opened its food channel to customers.
Emirates hosts Earth Day 2020 contest
* Emirates hosted a social media contest with regard to Earth Day on 22 April to spread awareness on the importance of climate action and champion the cause of Earth Day.