The nature of work has shifted in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. There are still opportunities to bring the world closer and grow, even while social distancing. PMI is making a wide range of project management training materials available online for free to help at-home workers and bolster their skills as organizations rethink work processes and procedures. The free online courses include Project Management for Beginners, Agile in the Project Management Office, and Business Continuity.
Dr. Srini Srinivasan, Managing Director, PMI India, said, “In these trying times, organizations and employees are working from home and are juggling different tasks on day to day basis. This is where project management skills come into the picture, allowing individuals to align their tasks for the day, work more efficiently, and to stay relevant in such challenging times. We are providing free online courses that are not only relevant for project management and IT professionals but also for professionals from different industries. These resources can help businesses, managers, and employees as they continue to navigate their work and operations in the times of COVID-19.”
The Project Management for Beginners course introduces participants to the foundational knowledge necessary to join a project team and provides insights into taking steps on the path to a project management career. The Agile in the Project Management course walks participants through their role as a project management office director and introduces a series of scenarios designed to improve their project management office’s performance using agile principles and processes. The Business Continuity course offers information and lessons on rethinking work processes, which may be particularly helpful today as companies and their leaders and workers seek ways to cope with continuing their operations during the pandemic.
Other free offerings on the PMI resource hub include:
· ProjectManagement.com Website, an online PMI project management community, where project managers from around the world can communicate, participate in discussions, play games, and access a variety of related resources.
· Standards+ Online Guide (Beta), the online version of PMBOK® Guide, which provides information, digitized tools, templates, and case studies.
· Snippets Resource (Beta), an online resource for small, bite-sized chunks of information about project management for busy professionals.
· Navigator Portal (Beta), a career development platform for project professionals. Included are opportunities for comprehensive self-assessment of skills, interests, and goals, while offering action plans to achieve objectives.
· Projectified Podcast series, which provides conversations about hot topics and emerging trends impacting the world of project managers, from digital transformation to artificial intelligence to career development.
· Tower Game, a project management exercise offered through the PMI Educational Foundation, the Tower Game teaches participants to consider time, cost, quality, and risk as they explore project management.
· PMI® Study Hall Resource (Beta), which provides sneak peeks into new Project Management Professional (PMP) exam resources, including outlines of exam content, daily practice questions, tips from experts, and resources for preparing for the exam.
· PMXPO Virtual Conference, an annual virtual conference, for which PMI provides a link to its most recent event, which will remain available for on-demand viewing until June 26.