Friday, November 17, 2017
Huawei’s India Campus Awarded Green Building Standard Certification by Indian Green Building Council
The assessment was conducted by IGBC covering five environmental categories which include sustainable sites, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, and indoor environmental quality.
The one million sq. ft. campus built on 20 acres land in Whitefield, Bengaluru with an investment of USD 150 million was launched in 2015.
In line with Huawei’s corporate philosophy of protecting the environment, the Bengaluru campus was designed and built as a green building, adopting eco-friendly design and practices. Some of the highlights of the campus are:
· Fully cloud-computing based environment to reduce energy consumption.
· Solar power and natural lighting
· Rainwater harvesting, sewage treatment plant, waste management
· Eco-friendly glazing to reduce air-conditioning
· Energy efficient motors, DG sets, Chillers
· 65% open space