* Reinforces commitment to make clean drinking water, accessible to all
* Aims to address safe drinking water problem in India
Watergen, an Israel-based company which has successfully developed technology that generates drinking water from the air, today announced its strategic joint venture with SMV Jaipuria Group–a multifaceted business conglomerate, to bring its global patented technology to India. Through this partnership, the entities will introduce its Atmospheric Water Generators (AWG) product categories in India--that creates high quality, mineralized, safe-drinking water out of ambient air, everywhere. Additionally, to support the Government’s ‘Make in India’ vision by proliferating job opportunities, the companies shared their plans to launch a manufacturing unit in India within a year of starting operations.
The company showcased its wide range of Watergen products, consisting of: GENNY, GEN-M1, GEN-M PRO, and GEN-L. With their capacities ranging from 30 to up to 6,000 liters per day, the pricing of these products is estimated to start from INR 2.5 lakhs. These products will be ideal for schools, hospitals, parks, resorts, construction sites, temporary localities, villages, residential buildings, homes, offices and any other place where drinking water is required. Its plug and play technology can be easily installed using a standard electricity connection or any alternative energy sources. With devices deployed in more than 90+ countries around the world, Watergen eliminates the need for infrastructure, transporting water and its commuting traffic, which eventually reduces plastic waste and eradicates carbon-intensive water supply systems.
Commenting on the partnership, Mr. Maayan Mulla, CEO Watergen India, said, “At Watergen, we believe in innovative technology that makes our consumers' life simpler and more convenient. India is amongst our top three strategic markets and together with our partner, we are determined to provide safe mineralized drinking water available for every individual, across geographies and demographics. Through our patented GENius technology, we are fully geared to cater to the increasing industrial and consumer demand for better quality water in India.”
Mr. Chaitanya Jaipuria, Director, SMV Jaipuria Group, added, “As the population in India increasingly struggles to access clean, natural water, our partner--Watergen’s innovative technology can pose a game-changing solution. This joint venture is a step towards empowering the people of India with the access to the most essential necessity for survival i.e., water. We are confident that with Watergen, we will be able to make safe and highest quality drinking water accessible to people from the most remote rural village communities to commercial office buildings to private homes.”
Key product highlights are as follows:
* Unique and Innovative: Creates water from humidity in the air, an unlimited completely free source of water
* Premium Mineralized Drinking Water Quality: Complies with all Food Grade standards and provides added minerals
* New Water Source: Creates a completely new drinking water source from the air around us- preserving the natural water sources, adding water to the world
* Scalable Structure: Patented GENius heat exchanger, can be configured to any size and supports a wide range of water production needs
* Energy Efficient & Cost-Effective: Watergen's GENius technology allows to produce 5 liters of mineralized drinking water with 1 KWH in a wide range of climatic conditions starting from 20% humidity
* Eco-friendly/Sustainable: Products are environment friendly, reduces dependence on plastic water bottles, 5-gallon solution as well as eliminates the need for infrastructure, transporting water, commuting traffic, thus saving on logistics and storage costs.
* Global Industry Recognition and Certification: Watergen is the first AWG manufacturer to comply with American standards ASSE LEC 2004. All products comply with EPA, NSF, and the Federal Drinking Water Standards
* UN Sustainable Development (SD) Goals: Watergen has very high compliance with 13 out of 17 UNSD Goals
Post a Comment