Honda firmly believes that empowering women means strengthening nation and it is with this philosophy Honda is supporting young females to pursue commercial pilot training. Their journey towards becoming a commercial pilot begins with Honda.
Announcing Honda’s biggest CSR initiative, Mr. Harbhajan Singh, Director, General & Corporate Affairs, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “As a responsible corporate citizen, Honda 2Wheelers is always committed to bring a positive change in our society. Gujarat and Karnataka are special for Honda 2Wheelers India as it is here we have together covered a long journey of growth and development. Taking one step further in our commitments, we are delighted to announce project SAPNO KI UDAAN - Honda’s unique CSR initiative on women empowerment. Many of the bright young women are not able to pursue their dreams due to lack of financial support. Under this unique initiative, Honda will provide 100% scholarship 20 deserving young females in becoming commercial pilots. We believe that these young women would not only get into a highly respectable profession but also inspire millions in realizing their power of dream.”
In India, percentage of women commercial pilots stands only around 12%. Encouraging young women to pursue a highly respected profession, Honda has announced its biggest CSR project SAPNO KI UDAAN. Honda is inviting all girls from Gujarat, Haryana, Rajasthan, and Karnataka to apply in this initiative. Honda will provide 100% scholarship to 20 females for their dream of becoming a commercial pilot.
Supporting the deserving females in realizing their dream to become a commercial pilot, Honda will empower them with this once in a lifetime opportunity. Honda will bear the entire cost of training right from their selection to training period of 18 months in one of India’s leading flying school. Moreover, Honda will also assist them in getting a job as commercial pilot.
The final 20 girls will be selected based on an exhaustive selection process. The selection would take merit and income level into the consideration. Young women having scored more than 90% in Physics and Mathematics in class 12th science under State Education Board will be eligible to apply.
Further, the submitted applications would be screened based on different parameters including achievements in co-curricular activities. Finally, a written test, Medical test, Psychometric test, and a Technical assessment would be carried out to select 20 most deserving female candidates. The girls, proving their merit by qualifying the same, will thus get to avail special training course, supported by Honda.
Candidates can apply online by submitting their documents (10th and 12th mark sheets, scanned copy of recent photograph, email id, and mobile number) on firstname.lastname@example.org. The application date closes on 10th August.
About Honda’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives:
As a responsible two-wheeler manufacturer, Honda 2Wheelers India’s corporate social responsibility philosophy is aligned with United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. Over the years, Honda is contributing towards women empowerment, community development, road safety promotion, environment sustainability, rural sports, healthcare, education and skill development. Under these 7 pillars, Honda’s CSR initiatives have benefitted nearly 40 lakh people.
1. Women empowerment: Under Project Unnati and Project Ummeed Honda is providing Vocational training to women, making them self-reliant. Honda has made difference in the lives of 3 lakh women in last 18 years of its operation in India.
2. Community development: Under Project Jan Uthaan, Honda is developing infrastructure including bus stands and shelters, public parks, overhead tanks. Over 1.5 lakh people benefitted through this initiative.
3. Road safety promotion: As a responsible corporate, road safety is top priority for Honda. Since 2001, Honda educated more than 29 lakh Indians on road safety and adopted 14 traffic parks in India.
4. Environment sustainability: Honda’s Project Harit Udaan is not only providing livelihood to 153 families in 75 villages, but also increasing green coverage with help of modern irrigation technologies.
5. Rural Sports: Encouraging youth at local level, Honda is developing sports infrastructure in rural areas while developing stadiums, sports ground. Honda is also training talented young players for Tennis, cycling etc.
6. Healthcare: Honda’s Aarogya Abhiyaan is providing medical mobile vans, free cataract surgeries, dispensaries, medical tests, toilets for community, aids to physically challenged.
7. Education and skill development: Under Shiksha evam Kaushal Vikas Abhiyan, Honda has benefitted more than 1.15 lakh students. Upskilling youth Honda is providing job oriented skill enhancement training at its adopted 23 ITIs across India.