* Meesho witnessed 2X rise in orders from cities like Visakhapatnam, Guwahati, Agartala, Bhubaneswar, Vijayawada, Raipur and Coimbatore compared to metros
* Ahead of Valentine’s Day, 2X more women are shopping for gifts as compared to men
* The demand for sexual health products has surged by 57% in the weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day
Ahead of Valentine’s Day, Meesho, India's fastest growing internet commerce platform, has witnessed a considerable rise in the sale of apparel, personal care, jewelry, soft toys and sexual health products. This has led to a 50% average increase in orders across these categories. The season of love has seen 2X more women shopping for gifts as compared to men this year.
Meesho has also witnessed a 2X rise in orders from cities like Visakhapatnam, Guwahati, Agartala, Bhubaneswar, Vijayawada, Raipur and Coimbatore compared to metros.
Key Valentine’s Day shopping trends include:
* The top-searched keywords on Meesho are ‘rose gift boxes’, ‘soft toys’ & ‘valentine's day gifts’.
* The platform is seeing an 80% increase in demand for couple t-shirts, with more than 50% of the demand for couple t-shirts, sweatshirts and watches being driven by tier 4 cities like Bhadravati, Kota, Salur, Hospet, Valsad, Panchkula.
* Jewelry and Personal Care items like makeup, facial kits and massagers registered a 50% increase in orders.
* Gift hampers are seeing ~4X increase in demand from tier 2+ cities compared to tier 1 and metros
* The demand for sexual health products has surged by 57%
According to Utkrishta Kumar, CXO, Business at Meesho, ”The value e-commerce market in India presents immense potential. At Meesho, we are solving for both accessibility and price for customers across the country. We have witnessed a 1.5X rise in orders as people set out to celebrate Valentine’s Day. It is interesting to see 80% of this demand emerging from tier 2+ cities. Today, customers are digitally-savvy and are increasingly veering towards e-commerce as a safe means to shop for their needs.”
Meesho provides access to over 77 million unique products from a plethora of categories. Customers have the convenience of shopping for a wide assortment of products at the lowest prices from the comfort of their homes. In 2021, Over 71% of all new Meesho users came from India’s Tier 3+ markets.
Meesho is India’s fastest-growing internet commerce platform. With a vision to enable 100 million small businesses, including individual entrepreneurs, to succeed online, Meesho is democratizing internet commerce and bringing a range of products and new customers online. The Meesho marketplace provides small businesses, which includes SMBs, MSMEs and individual entrepreneurs, access to millions of customers, selection from over 700+ categories, pan-India logistics, payment services and customer support capabilities to efficiently run their businesses on the Meesho ecosystem.