* The collaboration with CDAC, Hyderabad aims to create comprehensive cyber security awareness and education program for Union Bank’s customers, employees, and people at large.
Union Bank of India entered into partnership with CDAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing) Hyderabad, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India, under Bank’s Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (CCoE) initiative, according to which CDAC will assist the Bank to impart Cyber Security Awareness and Education to its stakeholders.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by Shri Raj Kiran Rai G, MD & CEO, Union Bank of India and Smt P R Lakshmi Eswari, Director, CDAC-Hyderabad, at a virtual event held through Video Conferencing at the Bank’s Head Office in Mumbai and CDAC-Hyderabad Centre.
Terming the collaboration with CDAC as an important milestone, Shri Rajkiran Rai G said “CDAC-Hyderabad has been engaged in multiple areas of IT, more particularly in Education, Training, Multilingual Technology, e-learning Technologies, and Information Security Education and Awareness (ISEA) among others. This association with CDAC, Hyderabad will help the Bank in conducting Online/Offline sessions on Cyber Security Awareness, preparation of information security material like Audio/ Video / Brochure and Booklets and also for conducting mass campaigns and Social Media campaigns to educate the Staff, Customers and people at large, as a national initiative towards spreading Cyber Security Awareness.”
This collaboration is a first of its kind initiative on Cyber Security and will benefit Bank’s Staff and Customers and different user groups, people at large to improve their security awareness levels and guide them to protect themselves from cyber threats in this digital era.
On the occasion, Shri Rajkiran Rai G, MD & CEO, Union Bank of India also unveiled following initiatives for Cyber Security Awareness for Bank’s Customers and people at large:
1. E-book on Cyber Security Awareness - "We care for you" ,
2. T Shirt promoting Cyber Security Awareness Messages #SafeWithUBI
3. Spin-N-Learn – A unique Spin-N-Learn Online game on Cyber Security Awareness which is hosted on Bank’s corporate website.
4. Union Bank Corporate Cyber Security Awareness Song– Bank's corporate song on Cyber security awareness with theme “Do your part-#Becybersmart” which will remind all of us to be alert and vigilant always and do their part to be cyber smart for mitigating and tackling cyber related Banking frauds.
Also, Bank inaugurated the “Union Bank Conclave on Cyber Security Awareness Mission 2021-22” on 11.10.2021 as part of the National Cyber Security Awareness month being observed nationally. The event was attended by senior Officials from Reserve Bank of India, NCIIPC, Cert-In, Indian Cyber Crime Co-ordination center (I4C), IDRBT,Hyderabad, CDAC-Hyderabad, NIBM-Pune, IIT Bombay and Cyber Jagrithi Foundation.
Photo Caption: Shri Rajkiran Rai G, MD & CEO Union Bank of India along with Shri Gopal Singh Gusain, Executive Director, Shri Nitesh Ranjan, Executive on the occasion of MOU signing.