Friday, June 5, 2020
OYO Initiates Feed for Good- Food Drive for the Needy Across Six Cities Across Indian
* ‘Feed for Good’ - food drive to provide 1000 meals per day to the needy, including migrants and the underprivileged will run for 5 days across Delhi, Noida, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata & Hyderabad
* OYO has partnered with Jagorani, Live to Give & The United Foundation to execute the food drive
Given the current COVID19 situation, shortage of essentials and commute restrictions, there is a dire need to reach out to those stranded and left without basic necessities. The pandemic has impacted many including migrant & daily wage workers without any means to earn a livelihood and provide for their family. Standing together with the government and local administration efforts during these tough times, OYO, one of the world’s leading hotel chains is organising a food drive initiative, ‘Feed For Good’ across six cities in India to distribute over 1000 meals per day for a duration of 5 days. Starting June 1, the drive is being held in Delhi, Noida, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata & Hyderabad.
OYO has partnered with Jagorani, Live to Give & The United Foundation who will help ensure that hygienically-prepared & packaged, nutritious meals reach the ones in need.
* Jagorani Foundation in association with OYO is conducting the drive in the Sundarbans at the Super-cyclone Amphan Relief Camp.
* The United Foundation is distributing meals to daily wage workers and Shramik passengers transiting from Bengaluru via Shramik special trains that began operations from May 1 for transportation of stranded migrant labourers.
* Live to Give will be serving disadvantaged, domestic and daily wage working women, widows and their families.
Speaking about the ‘Feed for Good’ initiative, Ankit Gupta, Chief Operating Officer & SVP – Frontier Businesses, OYO India and South Asia said, “These are trying times for all of us around the world. But it is also a time for us to step forward and help those in need. As the coronavirus continues to impact livelihoods, several sections of society have been left without basic necessities. We hope that the food drive helps and supports those in need. At OYO we strive to stand together with the community and do our bit as a responsible corporate citizen. We stand by our motto that we are #InThisTogether. ”
Commenting on the initiative, Marzy Parakh, Founder, Live to Give said, “We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to OYO for supporting our cause and to the Women’s Development Corporation Of Maharashtra which serves 1.6 million disadvantaged families in Maharashtra. Through them, we were able to identify and serve a verified list of thousands of disadvantaged, domestic and daily wage working women, widows and their families.”
Earlier OYO also initiated ‘Donate A Night’, a crowdfunding campaign across its platforms where one can voluntarily contribute to donate one night’s accommodation for migrants, daily wagers, medical first responders, policemen and other emergency services personnel.