Promoting 21st century skills in education, Pracademics (Practical Education) aims to develop a skilled and dynamic workforce that will meet enterprise needs in the 4th Industrial Revolution. India is projected to have a deficit of 47 million skilled workforce within the next 5 years despite growing number of graduates. Yet this shortfall can be greatly reduced through the right training and methodology that will enhance employability among youths.
“We support India as the Skill Capital of the World.” states Dr. Vanki Penchalaiah, Chairman, Audisankara Group of Institutions. “Youths today are seeking high-value skills which allow for advanced employability and entrepreneurial opportunities. The Fourth Industrial Revolution demands nothing less than versatile skill-sets and mind-sets. Our partnership with SSGV will play a catalytic role towards the same by developing 21st Century technologists and leaders for India and the World. We hope to support and complement Andhra Pradesh government’s recent plans to set up a skill development university and 25 skill development centers” added Mr. Aditya Barrela, Group CEO, Audisankara Group of Institutions.
“SkillsSG Ventures is a Singapore-based joint venture comprising 12 Approved Training Organisations. These are training providers accredited by the Singapore Government, each with its own sectoral skills development curriculum and expertise.” Mr Cheng Hong Siang, Business Development Director.
“We are building on shared intent, values and vision”, said Mr David Kwee, SkillsSG Ventures Chairman and CEO of Training Vision Institute. “Skills in education is a model of human talent development that combines the pragmatics of experiential skill-development, rigorous academic know-how and industry-responsive curriculum. This allows for learning to be achieved in modules that can stack up into a higher education pathway. It creates relevance and promotes progression through lifelong learning.”
The Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) was signed at Audisankara’s campus in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh on 17th December 2019 and includes pacts with 12 Singaporean Education and Skill Development companies who uniquely complement Audisankara’s efforts to transform today’s higher education.
The MOU paves the way for an Andhra Pradesh-based, Singapore-supported global platform that focuses on Employability, Entrepreneurship and Lifelong Learning by the following means:
* A cutting-edge Center of Excellence in Digital & Design Technologies which will offer dual-track certification and degree programs with International Universities such as Bath University, Boston University, Excelsior University and so on.
* Dual-track programs, joint-research, international placements and exchanges commencing in second quarter of 2020.
* International Multi-Skills Centre in 20 acres and 2 lakh S.ft building at Nellore -- the epicentre of South India’s Industrial ecosystem.
* Training centres in Chennai and Bangalore for: Recognition of prior learning, Skilling for remote work, Apprenticeships, International placements and exchanges
* SkillsSG Ventures to support Audisankara in Implementation of Government-funded projects.
* The setting up of a Micro Entrepreneurship University (“MEU”)