Road safety is a global priority for Honda. To further expand awareness on safe riding practices among youth, Honda has flagged off its new National Road Safety Awareness campaign starting January 2019. Through this initiative, Honda aims to cover more than 15,000 young college students and adults of 10 colleges across cities every month. After the start of Honda 2Wheelers India’s road safety campaign earlier this month, this initiative has already expanded to 7 cities including Bangalore and has educated over 11,000 youngsters and adults so far.
Honda 2Wheelers India’s two-day initiative in the Hasnath College in Bangalore spread road safety awareness to over 1100 participants including more than 100 females under the motto of ‘Safety for Everyone.’
Speaking on this initiative, Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President - Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Safety is Honda’s top priority and so far we have educated over 25 lac Indians on the importance of road safety. Further strengthening our commitment, we have conducted National Road Safety Awareness Campaign in Bangalore to promote safe riding habits in youth. Through this mega campaign, young college students are now learning through fun and taking #TheSafetyPromise with Honda. Our aim is to educate the young riders to foster the right safety habits amongst themselves and will further take this initiative to other cities across India.”
Making learning on the serious topic of road safety more fun-oriented, Honda had different activities for all.
· To spread road safety awareness, safety riding theory sessions on correct riding posture, traffic signs and road rules were conducted for students.
· A special training activity a virtual riding simulator was executed for all to experience over 100 possible dangers on road before actual riding.
· Riders tested their riding skills through slow riding activities and riding on narrow planks.
· Women were specially targeted for the Female safety riding session. Here, Honda’s female instructors empowered the females on riding a two-wheeler and knowledge of road safety rules.
· Above all this, Honda also conducted fun educational activities like road safety games and quizzes on daily basis so that participants have fun learning about safe riding too.