Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Mark Innes Appointed New GM for Salesforce in Asia Pacific Region
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company has announced the appointment of Mark Innes as the new general manager for Salesforce in the Asia Pacific region (APAC). In this newly created role, Innes will be responsible for the growth of the APAC region and helping customers of all sizes and industries with their business transformation using the world’s leading cloud CRM platform.
Previously, Innes was Salesforce’s senior vice president of enterprise business in APAC, responsible for the success of the company’s largest customers including Australia Post, Changi Airport, Cochlear, NSW Department of Family and Community Services, and Siam Commercial Bank. Innes brings more than 30 years’ experience working for global companies in senior sales and management positions in Australia, the United Kingdom and South Africa, across key industry sectors, including finance, telecommunications and utilities, as well as oil and gas.
In Salesforce’s first quarter of fiscal year 2017, revenue for APAC, including Japan, grew 29 per cent year-over-year in constant currency. In addition, over the last year Salesforce’s corporate philanthropic arm, Salesforce.org, has contributed more than 16,800 staff volunteer hours and $550,000 in grants to nonprofits across Australia and Asia. And over 1,100 nonprofits have benefited from using the Salesforce platform including the Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience, Foodbank, Leukemia Foundation, the Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre, and School’s Plus.
Commentary on News
● Keith Block, vice chairman, president and COO, Salesforce, said: “There's a race to the top around transformation in the age of the customer, and Asia Pacific is no exception. Every company is looking for ways to put customers at the center of their business and Mark’s leadership and proven track record of customer success will accelerate our ability to deliver Asia Pacific’s next decade of growth.”
● Mark Innes, general manager, Salesforce APAC said: “Asia Pacific is one of the world’s fastest growing cloud markets, and I am thrilled to be taking on this position to help Salesforce capitalize on the opportunity here. As the global leader in CRM, Salesforce is uniquely positioned to help companies across the region connect with customers in entirely new ways.”
Background on Mark Innes
● Innes joined Salesforce in 2012 as senior vice president for the company’s Enterprise Business in Australia and New Zealand and later expanded his role to in 2014 to lead the company’s sales, services, market development and sales consulting functions across the APAC region.
● Prior to joining Salesforce, Innes was vice president of Oracle’s Applications Business in Australia and New Zealand.
● Since entering the IT Industry more than 30 years ago, Innes has gained a vast amount of experience in various sales and executive management roles for leading global IT organisations.